Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Report No. 137/2017 from the Director for People was received.
The Portfolio Holder, Mr Clifton, introduced the report, the purpose of which was to provide Cabinet with the current provision of Healthwatch services, future intentions and the request to use consultation to inform the future planning of the service.
During discussion the following points were raised:
i. The current contract with Healthwatch had been extended, to allow time for the future planning of the service; there would be no impact on the current service.
ii. This would be a 6 week consultation across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (LLR).
iii. The consultation would be conducted using the following methods:
· Survey Monkey (online survey)
· Leaflets distributed to stakeholders (e.g. GP surgeries)
· Posters displayed at public locations (e.g. Libraries)
· Rutland County Council (RCC) Website
iv. Officers had requested assistance from Healthwatch with the consultation by promoting it in their Newsletter and engaging with current Service Users.
v. Consideration would be given to running an open public meeting to support the consultation process and to maximise general public coverage to those who may not be aware of Healthwatch.
vi. A soft marketing exercise would be run concurrently with the consultation and would be advertised online (Contracts Finder). This was a pre-procurement exercise that would help to determine the specification requirements for the service.
1. Cabinet APPROVED officers’ request to undertake a consultation with stakeholders and members of the public on the future provision of Healthwatch as set out in Sections 4 and 5 of Report No. 137/2017.
Reason for Decision
1. The Council needed to consider the most appropriate provision of Rutland’s Healthwatch service from 1 April 2018. There were several options of how the service might be commissioned in future.
Ms K Kibblewhite left the meeting at 9.45am
Publication date: 03/04/2019
Date of decision: 18/07/2017
Decided at meeting: 18/07/2017 - Cabinet
Effective from: 26/07/2017