Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Report No. 7/2019 was received from the Strategic Director for People.
Mr Alan Walters, Portfolio Holder for Safeguarding-Adults, introduced the report the purpose of which was to set out the recommissioning work undertaken so far for the future provision of domestic abuse and sexual violence services in Rutland, and the plans for completing the recommissioning work including subsequent procurement, and the request to undertake a public consultation on the potential models of service provision.
During discussion the following points were noted:
· Officers did not wish to extend the contract past the existing contract extension of March 2020 and so needed to go out to consultation now in order to allow enough time for the recommissioning process.
1. NOTED the work being undertaken to recommission the domestic abuse and sexual violence services for the future across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
2. APPROVED the request to undertake public consultation on the potential structure for services
Reasons for the decisions
1. The recommissioning of DA/SV services is designed to improve the service offer available to Rutland residents and make it more accessible, thereby reducing the impact which domestic abuse and sexual violence have in Rutland on both individuals and the wider community.
2. The consultation will enable commissioners to take into account as many views as possible, including those of service users, to ensure that a service model is designed which is fit for purpose, meets needs and addresses current challenges with the services.
Ms K Kibblewhite left the meeting and did not return
Publication date: 02/04/2019
Date of decision: 15/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 15/01/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 23/01/2019