Decision Maker: Chief Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To consider revisions to the Ketton
Conservation Areas following its appraisal and consultation on
That Cabinet considers and approves the Ketton
Conservation Area Appraisal and proposed boundary changes including
the designation of Geeston as a conservation area and incorporating
the following boundary changes:
• To designate a new Conservation Area in Geeston, forming a smaller character zone of Ketton.
• To extend the conservation area to include the former railway station building, Station Road.
• To extend the conservation area to include ‘The Paddock’ and adjacent outbuilding on Hunts Lane and Nos. 1-3 Hunts Lane
• To extend the conservation area to include the field between No.6 and No.8 High Street.
• To extend the conservation area to include all of the outbuildings at Home Farm, off High Street.
• To extend the conservation area to include the avenue of Trees at Edmonds Drive, Aldgate.
• To extend the conservation area to include all the property boundary associated with No.11 and No. 12 Aldgate
• To rationalise the boundary of the conservation area at The Dovecote, adjacent Manor Barn, High Street in accordance with existing property boundary to include the immediate land surrounding it which forms part of the setting of the building.
2. That Cabinet authorises the Deputy Director for Places, in consultation with the relevant Cabinet Member portfolio to approve minor amendments to the content of the appraisal (such as updates to policy) or minor changes to the conservation area maps.
An alternative option would be not to extend
the conservation area and retain the boundary as existing. This
would be contrary to the Planning (Listed Buildings and
Conservation Areas) Act 1990 and would not fully recognise,
preserve and enhance the areas of Denton which are of historic and
architectural interest. It would constitute a missed opportunity to
include areas which are of sufficient architectural quality to
merit protection. These alterations will ensure that the boundary
is robust and justifies its status as an area of special historic
and architectural importance.
Publication date: 31/03/2020
Date of decision: 17/03/2020