To offer £15,000 contribution to the
expansion of the disabled car parking area because the school has
far more parents who hold disabled parking badges now compared to
when this was originally constructed.
There are 57 children with EHCP’s at Oakham Primary school and the Parks (48 children at Oakham Primary School and 9 at The Parks Nursery
As reported by the school:
• The disabled car park currently has spaces for 7 cars and one minibus.
• In the morning the disabled car park is extremely busy and this causes problems with trying to get the many children with mobility issues safely parked and into class.
• Each day, before and after school we have cars blocking the main road as they queue to get in which is dangerous to other road users.
• Members of staff regularly 'police' the car park in the mornings to try and get everyone parked. This is virtually impossible as there aren't even enough spaces to accommodate those parents it is supposed to hold.
• Complaints to school are almost daily both from our parents and from the general public as the traffic backs up on the main road whilst the parents wait to come in.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 09/06/2021
Decision due: 18 May 2021 by Chief Executive
Contact: Mr Mark Andrews, Chief Executive Email: email@example.com.