Licensing Act Committee items will be dealt with under the remit of the Planning and Licensing Committee from May 2017.
The Licensing Act Committee comprised 10 county councillors and was established by the Council in January 2005 in response to the Licensing Act 2003. The Committee was responsible for:-
· Overseeing the discharge of all licensing functions of the Council;
· Establishing panels to determine matters regarding personal licences, premises licences, club premises certificates, provisional statements, designated premises supervisor, interim authorities, temporary event notices and objections as consultee;
· Arranging for the discharge of the functions governed by the Licensing Act 2003 by one or more panels or by officers;
· Receiving and considering an annual report on the needs of the local tourist economy, employment and investment in the area and any other matter directly relating to the Licensing Act functions in the Council; and
· Directing officers to report to the planning committee on the situation regarding licensed premises in the area, including the general impact of alcohol related crime and disorder.